As a moderator I don't want to intervene too much but today I had to close
eight nine questions regarding TheDAO hack. I don't feel very comfortable with this action and therefore I would like to list these questions here and explain why they where closed and in case of dispute, please leave an answer or comment explaining why you disagree with a certain question being closed.
- Who attacked "the DAO" on 17 June 2016? [closed], not constructive / leads to opinionated answers
- How can we find "the DAO" attacker on 17 June 2016? [closed], not constructive / unclear about the specific scope of the question
- How did they stop "the DAO" attack on 17 June 2016? [duplicate], of TheDAO hack FAQ: How did the attack happen on 17 June 2016?
- Does the recent attack to "the DAO" means end of it? [duplicate], of Is 'the DAO' dissolved?
- In simple terms, how did the DAO get hacked and funds removed from it? [duplicate], of TheDAO hack FAQ: How did the attack happen on 17 June 2016?
Writing secure Smart Contracts in Solidity? [closed], too broad / not a good style to ask for resources or lists of thingsreopened.
- How was the recursion created that lead to theDAO hack? [duplicate], of What is a recursive calling vulnerability?
- https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/q/6222/87 [closed], not constructive / leads to opinionated answers. was also tempted to delete it because it lists names and asked for their opinion.
- Is the 17 June 2016 operation legaly illigitimate? [closed], primarily opinion-based / unclear what's being asked.
You can also leave a comment if you agree :-)