Retired producer of safety-critical software. Erstwhile contributor to ISO programming standards
Internet user since 1982 - the days of 300bd dialup.
Now travels about in an old VW campervan seeking enlightenment
and all those experiences I never had time for when working.
I'm not online as often as I used to be, but I still visit SE almost every day.
Member for 4 years, 2 months
20 profile views
Last seen Mar 9 at 13:03
- English Language & Usage 12.2k 12.2k 1010 gold badges4040 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 7.7k 7.7k 77 gold badges3030 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing♦ 6.7k 6.7k 33 gold badges3131 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 4.1k 4.1k 55 gold badges2929 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Super User 3k 3k 99 gold badges2222 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 124 What does the line "So long and thanks for all the fish!" mean?
- 83 Why can we say 'an American' but not 'a British'?
- 72 What is a word for annoying behavior which decreases enjoyment for the other players in a game?
- 65 Derogatory word, describing person (a pupil) who memorizes instead of learning?
- 53 What does "meat" mean?
- 53 Why were aliens allowed to visit Earth?
- 47 Could you see what you are typing in a Teletype?
- View more network posts →